The Dictionnaire des philosophes antiques is devoted to philosophers and important witnesses of the Greek and Roman philosophical tradition, from the Presocratics to the late Neoplatonists of the sixth century. The articles, prepared by French and foreign scholars, make use not only of literary sources, but also of inscriptions and papyri. In total, 236 editors from 20 different countries have contributed to this unique and large-scale enterprise, which started its first volume in 1989 and consists of seven volumes – including a fifth volume in two parts – and a supplement.
- Online version of the Dictionnaire des philosophes antiques (including the annexes and updates), published between 1989 and 2018 under the direction of Richard Goulet
- About 2,970 articles on ancient philosophers
- Live links to L’Année philologique and the Library of Latin Texts
- Available on BREPOLiS as a one-time purchase
English version (PDF)
French version (PDF)
Subscriptions and contact information
Please contact Brepols Publishers for:
- a 30-day free trial period for institutional users
- a price quotation
- details on, or a specimen of, the licence agreement
Brepols Publishers Begijnhof 67 B – 2300 Turnhout / Belgium
Related blog Posts
For more information or news, please go to the blog Posts.